Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sticking with Spring

 I continued with the spring theme when making a card for this week's OWH Sketch Challenge #105-
I used the sketch as a jumping off point, and strayed quite a bit from the original, but  I think you can still see the original sketch in my card.  I rotated the card and turned the 3 stripes into butterfly trails.  The 3 butterflies "create" the circle. 

Ingredients for this card include:
  • SU whisper white, regal rose cardstock
  •  basic grey ink; Memento black ink
  • SU Shapes and Shadows stamps; SNSS Thinking of You
  • thread
  • Fiskars edge punch
I have to admit, this card was a bear to execute.  Ink seemed to get everywhere on the cardstock (admittedly, that is why there is a scalloped white piece of cardstock along the bottom edge-LOL).  But I do like the results.  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, This is a terrific take on this sketch. You have an artistic eye. Nice to see you here and hope to see more of your cards in the future. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stuck with the spring theme. This card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a creative take on the sketch! I love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on the sketch! Very creative and such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Lee Ann! A great approach to this sketch! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While you did stray...I think this a fantastic card! Great colors! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee Ann, you may have strayed but I love this card. You did a gret job of putting it together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...