Saturday, February 18, 2012

Still Playing...

Another post for Friday nite, almost Saturday morning.  I am having fun trying all my new Stampin' Up goodies, as I am now a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  Here is my first attempt at water coloring (with the Aqua Painter) these two munchkins and the second time water coloring EVER.  Getting a little easier-skin is no fun, though! 
So, this time I almost used all Stampin' Up products.  The only thing not Stampin' Up is the Baker's twine.  Card stock is Crumb Cake, Ruby Red, Naturals White and Not Quite Navy-I could not get a good photo of these colors and the blue almost looks like Island Indigo.  I created a mat for the circular image by fussy cutting two of the embossed Fancy Frames and adhering them together.  I used Simply Scored to score lines all the way around the card base, 1/4" from the edge. 
 Inks used include Real Red, More Mustard, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, Blush Blossom and Close to Cocoa. The button is So Saffron with some embroidery floss dyed More Mustard tied through it.  Lastly, the ribbon is Early Espresso. 
Thanks so much for visiting, and as always, your comments are appreciated!
 ________________________________________________

Here is another go at Greeting Card Kids.  My friends make me smile.  They make me laugh.  They sometimes hold life together for me.  So this card is dedicated to friends.  It works perfectly for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge 126 and it is also for the Freshly Made Sketches 22.  I tried to go for a sepia look here.  I combined River Rock and Crumb Cake inks to color the "kids".
Supplies include:
Stampin' Up black, Very Vanilla and River Rock cardstock
Pink Paislee Hometown Summer dp
Greeting card Kids and Tiny Tags stamps (Stampin' Up)
The baker's twine was black and white, but I dyed it with a mixture of Close to Cocoa and Van Dyke brown inks. 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and as always, your comments are so appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Love these kids - and your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image that is! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both so cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Love the sepia look on the kids. So glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...