Sunday, October 14, 2012

CAS cards-The Latest Thing

If you hadn't noticed recently, clean and simple cards are all the rage.  It doesn't equate to easy, though.  I find them to be very challenging and like to try my hand at this pared down style.  The newest challenge for this?  CAS(E) this Sketch.
Here is the first and this week's sketch challenge, in CAS style-

And here is my take on this clean and simple sketch, using Stampin' Up's Happy Hour stamp set-

Gold Christmas Cheer

 I snapped alot of pictures of this card, but I just could not get the overall elegance of this simple card to show through. The glass is embossed in gold ep.  The holly sprig is stamped in Old Olive and Real Red ink and clear embossed. Both images are popped up on dimensionals. I LOVE my latest framelit purchase, the Window Frame Collection.  These are cut out in Whisper White and have a 1 inch circle of Old Olive between each of the 3 white die cuts.
I think I will try to get a photo of the glass and update this post later.  Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog-
Have a fantastic week!

Lee Ann :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT for the Gold Christmas Cheer Post-

Uggghhh!  I have taken multiple pictures and cannot get a good photo of this card.  Here is a close-up of the glass as well as another photo of the card, this time looking tacky as I tried to get the shine of the gold embossing.  I will let you choose which photo is better!



Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
Happy Stamping and have a fab week!

Lee Ann :)

5 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, I love this card and actually all the pictures are nice. Each one gives us a different view/ I am really impressed with the embossed lines around the edge. I have trouble doing that for some reason. My hat's off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the unique shapes and the glass is STUNNING! Love the way you embossed it gold and added the holly. So glad you played along with us this week at CAS(e) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning!! I need some major lessons in photography, yours looks great to me.
    Thanks so much for joining with us in our very first CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card looks like fun waiting to happen! I love the gold embossing and the interesting shapes you made with the dies. We hope to have you create with us again at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very elegant! thank you for joining us for our very first CTS challenge ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...