Sunday, October 28, 2012

I think I need a Drumroll...

Wow!  I cannot believe it!  This is my 100th post!  Last January, one blog post used to take me around 2 hours; I was so "blog illiterate", if there is such a thing, it was not even funny.  Fast forward, and I have thoroughly enjoyed learning the blogging world-especially when it comes to cards!
Thank you all for your visits and your sweet comments.  I hope to continue to find new challenges, "join" new blogs and meet new people via the internet.  And, I am really hoping to become a part of a challenge team/designer. 
Alright, on to the next project.  I have been waiting for the right color challenge or sketch challenge to try out something new- I came up with a way to make some pretty nifty bittersweet.

Simply Bittersweet

What do you think?  I used the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and the Little Leaves Sizzlit from Stampin' Up, as well as a standard hole puncher.  As you can see, I cut the leaves off of the die cut to create a vine.  The sketch is courtesy of Less is More .  


The Early Espresso panel is scored, creating 3 rectangles within the panel to follow the sketch. 
To make the bittersweet, both the punched piece from the Punch Pack and the small circle were burnished with the scoring tool, causing the paper to curl.  A tiny bit of dimensional adhesive was placed at the center of the punched paper, and the cupped circle was then placed over that adhesive.  All supplies are Stampin' Up.
I hope you like my project and thanks so much for stopping by!  

Have a blessed week! 

Lee Ann

Supplies used for this card-
Stamps-Trust God
CS-Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
Ink-Early Espresso
Other-Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Simply Scored, Dimensionals, standard paper punch

5 comments:

  1. Such a stunner this... love the colour combo and the flowers are the sweetest.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you joined us Lee Ann with this fabulous card. The design of the floral element shows great imagination and it's a superb interpretation of the sketch.
    If you could visit some of the other participants at LIM and leave a comment, I'm sure they will return the visit and you will soon have lots of new blogging friends.
    Thanks so much and do join us again next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vine is so pretty and i love the deep colours you've used. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea the flowers look lovely cascading down the page ! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Your vine looks wonderful against that dark panel. ann Y.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...