Sunday, October 21, 2012

Transitioning from Clean to Shabby Chic

Good Morning, All!  It is a brand new week-hard to believe it is almost time for trick or treating!  That said, I did not make any Halloween/fall cards this morning, nor did I make and squeaky clean cards.  I had a hankerin' to make some shabby chic cards; I have been noticing cards that use burlap and tulle, so I headed to my local Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies.  While I was there I also picked up a mask from Studio Calico.


 Shabby Chic Roses



I made this after being inspired by this card at CASE Study Challenge Blog-

Supplies used include-
Paper-Stampin' Up Basic Gray, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Naturals White and Basic Grey dp
Stamps-Stampin' Up Trust God and Memory Box
Ink-distress ink and Early Espresso
Other-Cheery Lynn Fancy Flourish, MFT Rolled Roses dies, Burlap string, tulle

The next card is for the Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS-


I really like how this turned out. I tried by new mask and sprayed it with Mister Huey Calico ink.  The rose is made with the rose die again from MFT.  I cut the burlap leaves using a die from the Holiday Ornament dies from Stampin' Up and the cs leaves are from the Little Leaves SU sizzlit.  
Papers used include Whisper White, Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Regal Rose and Crumb Cake.  The Crumb Cake Panel is embossed with the woodgrain ef.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is stamped in Basic Gray.

Hope you enjoyed your visit and thank you so much for stopping by my blog.  Have a Blessed Sunday!

Lee Ann

2 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card, love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those rolled flowers! And the tulle accent on the first one really adds such beautiful elegance! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...