Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wanted: MOJO

I seem to have misplaced my MOJO.  Have you seen it?  And while you are at it, if you see any creative bones out there, let me know because I don't seem to have a creative bone left in my body!
As this is the week of Thanksgiving, it seems a good time to ponder things I am thankful for.  I am thankful for my son and our home-that we even have a home and that I have been blessed with a good job. I am thankful that God loves me even though I do such a lousy job of loving Him.  I am thankful that he has faith in me even though I usually rely on me rather than Him. I am thankful that He has given us the ability to be creative.  And I am thankful for this community of crafters/stampers in blogland and at SCS; who knew we could have so much fun sharing with people hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles away?!
Now on to stamps!  The Shining the Light Challenge at ODBD this week is to use silver or gold on our card.  Sounded easy enough, but without MOJO, not so!!

Edit-11/18/12-5:50pm
I have been having a rough time getting good pictures of cards lately, so I was playing with the settings on my camera to see if I could brighten up the photos.  Here is a retake of the one above-it may be too bright!  At this point my eyes are so blurry from looking at pictures I don't know what looks good and what does not!


 I wanted to make an easily mailable card, so that meant it would be flat.  I seem to be gravitating to nature lately, enjoying all of the beauty that God has for us, so I chose pine branches to frame my scripture verse.  My background is embossed in silver and my pine branches are glittered with silver Stickles, but it really is not showing up in the photo.  The scripture verse is stamped in Bravo Burgundy craft and clear embossed.  Though simple, I still like how his turned out.   

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Enjoy this week of Thanksgiving and the official start of the Christmas Season!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-ODBD Worship the Lord, Stampin' Up Watercolor Winter and Sanded
Ink-Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgandy
Paper-Whisper, White, Bravo Burgandy, True Thyme
Other-silver ep, clear ep, silver stickles

___________________________________________________________
This card is for the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS.

  I just LOVE the dsp that comes in the Holiday Mini Scrapbook kit!  Gray and cream are sooo pretty together. I scored around the edges of the white card base and highlighted the edges of the Pool Party panel by heat embossing it with silver ep. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies used (all Stampin' Up)-
Stamps- Teeny Tiny Wishes, Serene Silhouettes
Paper-Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, dsp
Ink-Versamark, Basic Gray
Other-white and silver dsp, Window Framelits, Simply Scored, Polka dot ef     

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lee Ann!! This is stunning!! I just love the birch background with pine, pine corners!! The silver adds such elegance!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are so pretty. I think the mojo is still there! Have a great holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...