Saturday, March 9, 2013

Another SNSS Challenge

Hello Again!

I hope it is as gorgeous by you as it is here in St Louis.  The sun is shining, the air is warming and the birds are chirping!
I have completed another challenge for Sweet N Sassy Stamps March Release VSN at SCS. The challenge was to Pop it Up!  This is right up my alley as I love fussy cutting, dimensionals and popping elements up!  This is also a card that I did a lot of "practicing" and experimenting on.  I practiced coloring with my Copics, as I am still pretty new to them; I practiced sewing on my card, especially changing stitches while sewing.  I saw a couple of video tutorials on Pointillism and specifically using it on backgrounds of Copic images, so I tried that.  I also tried a new technique on the card, which is why I included it in the Pop it Up challenge;  I love this technique that I saw Dina Kowal do- she used a craft knife to partially cut around her flowers, followed by a stylus to burnish the back of the flowers, thereby giving the flowers a bit of a raised effect.  Finally, when putting the card together, she used dimensionals behind the burnished areas, ensuring that they would stayed raised.
Here is my sample-

For this card, I colored the image with Copics and then used a craft knife to cut around the edges of the flower petals, although I did not cut completely around every petal.  I burnished the paper behind these petals.  I put dimensionals on the back of the burnished petals and then regular adhesive to the rest of the back of the card, paying particular attention to the areas around the flower heads.  I wanted the card to lay flat so that the raised areas would stand out well.  This was then mounted to the Night of Navy layer.


Thanks so much for stopping by and hope your weekend is creative!  Blessings,

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Flowers in Bloom, Little Boy Toys
Paper-First Edition dsp and Tea for two dsp (SU), Night of Navy cs, PTI ink white cs
Ink-Memento black
Other-sewing machine, craft knife, dimensionals, stylus, Copics, MFT Fish Tail Flag Stax

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...