Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Icy Layout

Hi Everyone!

Boy, this week is just one post after another! This evening's post is of a scrapbook page-the first in a couple of years.   I started paper crafting about 20 years ago as I started saving memories of my son in scrapbooks.  When I found stamping a couple of years ago, scrapbooking kind of went by the wayside.  I made a quick layout last night of one of my favorite pictures of my son, who is no longer little!
I tried some things that I had not previously done in my scrapbooks, such as using lots of dies and mixed media.  I love how this turned out; I wanted to capture a cold, icy winter scene as the Missouri River was basically one big ice flow at that time.


I used a stencil wih lots of various sized circles on it and painted over it with light blue acrylic paint.  Over that, I lightly applied gesso, using brush strokes in both side to side and up and down motion.  The last layer is of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Studio Calico Warm Calico spray ink.
After the mixed media, I added a reverse scalloped strip of dp across the center of the page, then smaller layered vertical strips of dp under the photo,  followed by lots of die cuts.  I added a glittered heart in the sentiment as well as glittered dots to the snowflake centers and 3 additional dots under the photo for a pop of sparkle.

I am entering this in the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge-Ice Inspiration.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Paper- Bazzill cs, various dp, Stampin ' Up Glitter paper in silver, vellum
Other- acrylic paint, gesso, Tattered Angels Burlap Glimmer Mist, Studio Calico Warm Calico Spray Ink, Memory Box die (branch), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Small and Large Snowflake Dies, Simon Says Stamp die (leaves), Stampin' Up Heart Framelit, Papertrey Ink (small circles which are part of their holly die), Heartfelt Creations Banner and Trees Dies (smallest snowflake), Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Scalloped Border Die (large scallop edge), and Spellbinders Twisted Metal and Tags dies (swirl), dimensionals, felt ric rac trim

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic layout, friend!! Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous LO Lee Ann ! the photo is lovely ,, what a handsome chap,,, and the colours and icy details are gorgeous ,,, LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...