Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Back to School Challenge with Add A Little Dazzle

Hi Everyone! 

Welcome to Wednesday and a new challenge at Add A Little Dazzle.  It is that time of year when the kids are headed back to school (and some of us adults, too, who work at school!) and our theme based challenge is just that- Back to School~



 For my card, I gleaned some sketch inspiration from Retrosketches~


This is also based on an inspiring card by Wida Miller which is showcased in the CASE Study Week 2 Anniversary Blog Hop.  
I had some great retired SU dsp that was perfect for this theme and sketch.  I also used an my NBUS Notebook Edge Die from MFT.  The apple- I just love, love, love Wida's design and had to CASE it.  I cut my Add A Little Dazzle Scarlet Red Craft Metal Sheet with a MFT Circle Die and then cut the heart from the circle with a Sweet  'n Sassy Stamps heart die from the Pick Me Up Die Set. The leaves are made with my favorite leaf dies, MFT's Layered Leaves Dies.  The apple stem is a piece of felt trim from scrapbooking days! 
I added stars (what teacher doesn't use gold stars!) cut from a Golden Glimmer Craft Metal Sheet and the Scarlet Red Craft Metal Sheet using the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stars Die Set.  I don't know about you, but I just love the glimmer of the metal stars!  They look just like the foil stars!

I am also linking this card up to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for their 'Anything Goes" Challenge this week.  

I have a second card to share with you for the challenge, this one using the clever chalkboard design that I have been seeing lately.


 As you can see, I used an Add A Little Dazzle Golden Glimmer Craft Metal Sheet star for this card, as well.  My apple is from one of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set, Punny Fruits and Veggies.  I masked out the face of the apple, colored it with Copics and fussy cut it out.  I used CutCardStock's Brown Bag Kraft cs for the easel; I just love how it looks!  For complete instructions for how to make this card, check out the CutCardStock Blog

I hope you will join us for challenge #39 with our Back to School Theme!  You do not have to use Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets but if you have them we would love to see them!  

Interested in purchasing Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets?  You can do so HERE!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
card 1-
Paper- SU Poppy Parade, retired dsp, Neenah Solar White cs
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Other- Add A Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets in Golden Glimmer and Scarlet Red, MFT Circle Stax Die-Namics, Layered Leaves Die-Namics, Notebook Edge Die-Namic, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stars Dies, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Pick Me Up Dies, Hemptique Cord, felt trim, dimensionals

card 2-
Stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Punny Fruits and Veggies, sentiment and diagonal stripes- SU,Hardwood stampin' Up
Paper-All CutCardStock- Brown Bag Kraft, Basis Black cs, Basis Sample Pack, Classic Crest Solar White cs
Ink- PTI craft white, SU Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green
Other- Add A Little Dazzle Golden Glimmer Craft Metal Sheet, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stars Dies, Hemtique cord, Copics, dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. how cool is this! I am so stinking impressed by your card!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards, Lee Ann! Perfect interpretation of the sketch! The second project is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously inspired Lee Ann! Especially love the apple in the first and the easel design in the second! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the layout [sketch] of the first card - well done with the fun apple too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet Lee Ann. Love the metal sheet apples on both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this- such a great design and that apple is the piece de resistance!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool! Love all the details! Thanks for joining CASE Study's 4th Anniversary Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...