Sunday, August 17, 2014

Strands of Sea Shells

Hi Everyone,

This was one of those cards.  You know the kind I mean. You have so many ideas, so much inspiration floating around in your head that you do not know where to start!
So, let's get started with where I started!
1.  Inspired by a technique/product- I was inspired by my craft iron.  My BRAND NEW craft iron that I had been looking for for two years!  I really wanted to try the iron-off embossing technique.
 2. CASE Study-  I hopped along with CASE study and found some wonderful projects that I wanted to case.  But which one??  There were so many!  I settled on the color inspiration from Maureen Merritt's card and the banner from  Maureen Plut's card.  I was also inspired by the chalkbaord technique used on Maureen's card.  While I did not use this technique, I did use a black background.
 A Stamp- I really wanted to use the Beauty By the Sea Stamp Set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
3.  A Sketch from Deconstructing Jen-


Here is the sketch, which I obviously turned~


I embossed the shells in gold on vellum and die cut them out with their matching dies.    I die cut them again from coral cs and stamped the image in Versamark.  I paired up the shells, cs and vellum, punched a small hole near the top and fastened them together with a loop of craft wire.  
The charms were strung on a piece of Hemptique cord; I tied ribbon and linen bows in between the charms.  The linen had been sitting on my desk for who knows how long, and had been spritzed and inked for an aged and distressed look. 


I stamped the Leafy Flourish Background image in Versamark on white cs and embossed with clear ep.  Next, I FINALLY used a Pan Pastel that I purchased last winter.  Wow!  Do they go on smooth!  I colored the background of the embossed image with the Pan Pastel and then ironed off the embossing powder.  I love the result! 
The rest of the card was just a matter of assembly and a bit of bling (my Vintage Faceted Buttons).

I am also linking this up to Seize the Birthday Anything Goes birthday Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a Blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Beauty By the Sea, Leafy Flourish Backgrounds and More
Paper- Neenah Solar White, SU vellum, Soft Suede, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, retired dsp, Studio Calico dp
Ink- Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Beauty By the Sea Dies, SU Polka Dot ef, Pan Pastel, Gold ep, dimensionals, Hemptique Cord, MFT Award Die, SU Vintage Faceted Buttons

9 comments:

  1. This card is really pretty! I love the seashell "charms"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those seashells look AWESOME!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design... love those shells! Thanks for joining us for the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous :) I love the banner of gold sea shells!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this girl! Fantastic card. Love the shell charms... such pretty colors. Love the gold with pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely stunning!! I;m in love with your garland of vellum parts with gold embossing! amazing idea! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee Ann, I absolutely love the banner you created with the stamped shells. This is just so clever...and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm in love! This gorgeous beauty with all the inspiration needs a frame! In the winner's circle. ( in my humble opinion!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love all of the shells! Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...