Thursday, August 28, 2014

Top Dog Dies and Zentangle

Hello Everyone!

Have you noticed the growing trend of Zentangle?  I have been wanting to give it a try for months now and finally did using the negative space of one of my new Top Dog Dies from the Dog Days #2 set.


I just fell in love with this sweet Scottie dog and thought he would be perfect for this sentiment.  I used the negative die to trace the image on a piece of white cs.  I hand drew a collar; I then divided the dog up into sections to do my doodling or "zentangle". Once I was done filling in all of the space, I die cut the image out. 
The Vintage A2 Mat die was the perfect die cut to mount the Scottie on.  I used a fun sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Valentine Critters Stamp Set and heat embossed it on vellum.
For a complete tutorial with photos, check out the Top Dog Dies Blog.  
I used the versatile sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch-


I am also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is 'Anything Goes' this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)


7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing!!! I'm also fascinated by Zentangle, but haven't really given it a go yet. Love your "Zen" pooch! Wonderful colors, too! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome, I like the doodled details on Scottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous card Lee Ann! That Scottie is too cute! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Zentangled doggy is the bestest, Lee Ann! I saw it in my email inbox, and thought how creative it is. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...