Saturday, March 28, 2015

Anything Goes!

Hi Everyone! 

I have enjoyed guest designing with 613 Avenue Create for 3 months; today is my last challenge as a guest designer.  As luck would have it, it is an "Anything Goes" challenge! 


I used a brand new to me Stamping Bella image, Blown Away.  I wanted a fairly simple sketch to accommodate the size of the image, so I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches~

I colored the image with Copics and then, using the 'outside the box' technique, trimmed down the rectangle.  While you cannot see it, I used my Wink of Stella pen on the dress for some wonderful glitz.  I had some old Basic Grey dp that was a perfect match for my colors.   The sentiment is heat embossed with black ep on vellum and hand stitched to the image panel.  I few pale pink sequins finishes the card. 

I am also linking up to~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Challenge Blog- #122 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly- 'A Cut Above'-Fussy of Die Cutting
Addicted to Stamps- "Make your Mark"

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed Sunday! 

Lee Ann  :)

12 comments:

  1. Love this card, your colouring is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet image and lovely coloring - I especially adore the effect of the blue dot background - thanks for sharing your beautiful card at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Lee Ann. . . am wondering how you achieved the nice textural element of the blue dots surrounding the stamped image. That effect really gives your card the extra artistic look.
    Awaiting your reply,
    Loralee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Loralee! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet and encouraging comment! I used the stippled technique for the 'sky' background. I used 3 different blue Copics, B0000, B00, and I believe B 02. Starting with B0000, I dotted around the image, with more concentrated dots close to the image and the dots further apart the farther away from the image. I repeated this with B00, and again with B02. I used the fewest dots with the darkest blue. I went back in and added more dots with the two lighter shades of blue to sort of 'blend' everything together. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful design Lee Ann, love the colors, background, papers and bit of stitching.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Lee Ann! This is amazing! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the dotted shading around the image - so very effective! A wonderful addition to our FMS gallery this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So preftty! Beautiful colouring and lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing your card at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is absolutely charming - beautifully colored and I love the dotted sky. The balloons being "out of the box" is a fun look. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I'm blown away by how gorgeous your card is, filled with impressive colouring and the special-touch stippling! Wow, wow and wow! Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. Your coloring is amazing! Love how you did the outline around the image with the dots! Just perfection! Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her! Thank you for playing in our challenge at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...