Saturday, April 18, 2015

Krafty Saturday!

Good Morning!
Hope you are going to get krafty this weekend!  There is a brand new Saturday Challenge up at Kraftin' Kimmie and this week it is all about twine!


So this turned out to be a happy accident! I wanted to play with stencils and practice layering them, as is done in mixed media.The background was sponged, then I outlined the tree branch/bird image and watercolored it very loosely, using my Derwent watercolor pencils.
  It really did not turn out as intended, but I realized that the scene I ended up with perfectly complimented this sweet image from Best Fur-iends that I had already colored up.  I fussy cut the image out, drew a black line around the background and added a couple of mats.  Lastly, I added some of my most favorite Hempitque twine. 
Come join us for some Krafty fun and if you link up your creation, you are in the running for a Krafty prize! 
I am linking this up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- 'Your Own Background'

Have a wondeful and Krafty weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome background you created! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Lee Ann, many of my creations don't travel from head to page but I love your background - a lovely design and great blending..........a fabulous scene with a beautifully coloured cute image!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! This is so cute! I love this design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...