Saturday, January 23, 2016

Stenciled Birthday

Hi All!

I enjoyed a crafty fun evening last night with a few girls from work.  They are used to me coming up with 'projects' for them as I did for them in my SU consultant days.  So last night I broke out the stencils, distress ink and spriters.


Not sure if there is a name for the technique I taught them, but we coated our cardstock with Distress Ink and then laid a stencil down on top of it.  Spritzed with water and then immediately used a paper towel to soak up the water.  It is lovely how the water reacts with the ink to lighten up the color.

My 'happy' is a die from Papertrey Ink and the sentiment, embossed in white, is from SugarPea Designs' Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set.  The panel was die cut with my current favorite dies, SugarPea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles. The number stencil is from Tim Holtz. 
Needless to say, everyone is ready to go stencil shopping and distress ink shopping!  I love the simplicity of these cards and my friends did too!

I am linking up to Happy Little Stampers' Mixed Media Challenge - 'stencil'. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and stay warm!

Lee Ann  :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow -this is FABULOUS! Love the color combo and the water effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - and technique!
    Have to give it a try :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That red pops so against the blue. Thanks for sharing how you made the background--it's amazing!

    Toni
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great technique and so effective. Thank you for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...