Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Birthday Greetings and a SugarSketch!

Hello Everyone!

We celebrated a birthday in my house this past weekend.  My son turned 24- goodness, where has the time gone???  If any of you out there have 20 somethings, you know all too well how hard they are to buy for, etc.  Even birthday cards are tough at this age.  One thing my son does love is peppers- all varieties of hot and spicy!  It only made sense to use this fun, fun, fun SugarPea Designs Let's Fiesta Stamp Set for his card.  Now, the gift on the other hand....Not so easy!

I started by coloring the Hombre with Copics. I should have kept things easy peasy, but instead, I decided to get all creative with the lighting, which was a coloring challenge.  THEN, after watching a couple of videos by Sandy Allnock, I decided it was time to branch out and try some new skin tones.  Up until this point I have had very limited skin tones, using E000, E00 and E11.  Yep, that;s it!  I learned on that combo and never strayed from it.  So I got adventurous here, using E11, E13, and who knows what else.  I think there is a B or BV in there for the skin tone shading.
The card base is single layer-masked the bottom off and sponged two shades of green, then sponged through a TH stencil with the darker shade of green.  Stamped some peppers on the top and colored with the same colors used on my Hombre.
I die cut the image panel with the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles and added a sentiment banner cut with the  Sugar Cuts Stitched Flags.

Oops, almost forgot your Sketch~


As always, each time you play, you are entered to win up to a $75 GC to SugarPea Designs Store!  See the blog for details and to link up your creations!

Ready for more inspiration?  Check out what the rest of the team has to share!

Claire Broadwater Deanne Kay
Jeanne Jachna
Karren Johnson

Laura Jane


 
 
I am linking up to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, 'Make Your Own Background'.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!
 
Lee Ann  :)

4 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous!!! I just love your coloring and the chili peppers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love this so much, Lee Ann! The colours, your colouring and the crisp look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is 100% perfect, Lee Ann! Your skin coloring is fabulous and I just adore all those peppers! I'm sure your son loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Ann, this is super fabulous! Love those bright colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...