Monday, March 2, 2015

Coloring!

Good Morning!

Happy March!  I know many of us are hoping that spring is right around the corner; yes, we just got hit with about 5 inches of snow here in St Louis.  I know, I know- it could be a lot worse!
A friend of mine's daughter is studying abroad in Sweden- talk about snow!  She is such a go getter and so willing to jump in with both feet.  I wanted to send her a card of encouragement.  She is an avid reader and English major, so I just had to use this image from StampinBella!


I paper pieced a   couple of pillows and  colored the rest with Copics.  I added a bit of ribbon, but since this has to go to Sweden, I did not add a bow to keep the bulkiness to a minimum.

I am linking her up to Bellarific Friday where the challenge week is 'ribbon or washi.
I am also linking up to the Challenge Blog over at 7 Kids College Fund for their Anything Goes challenge.
CAS on Sunday's challenge this week is 'Girl Power'.  Not sure if this is considered CAS or not by the team as there are colored images in the DT samples; gonna give it a whirl.  Sorry if I am breaking any rules!
The Pink Elephant's challenge this week is 'Girly Girl'.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Lee Ann  :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!!! Awesome colors! Your pillows look fabulous. There's nothing like reading in your PJ's, I just wish I would look this cute when I read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh she is going to love this card! Love your coloring - the pillows look awesome! Bright and cheerful colors! Thank you for joining us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com! Good luck and hope to see you at the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, such a wonderful image and brilliant colour choices.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovely card! I like the colours and the image. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for an avid reader, and especially one so enthusiastic about her studies! She will adore this card! Your colouring is impressive; bright and cheery! Thank you for sharing your *girly girl* themed card in The Pink Elephant gallery!
    ~c (guest designer for TPE)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn cute! LOVE the pillows!!!! thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...