Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Using Texture with the Card Concept

Hello and Welcome to another Card Concept Challenge!
For Challenge 2, we are to use texture.  This is one of my favorite things to do, so you will find a variety of texture on my card today.  I am designing in the elegant and classy style~


This is the inspiration photo from Lesley~

Nature, in general inspires me, and I love to add texture when inspired by nature.  I have texture in many forms on this card-dry embossing the kraft panel, heat embossing the kraft and black panels, use of burlap and textured bow (from wrinkling the seam binding), and Crystal Effects on the butterfly body. 


Things that keep this card elegant are the flourished image used on the black and kraft heat embossed panels, a flourished die cut tucked in the bow, the rich colors of the flower and butterfly, the shiny finish from the heat embossing and the Crystal Effects on the butterfly body.  
I hope you can join us at The Card Concept- it is such a fun challenge this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  

Lee Ann  :)


Supplies Used-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Treasured and Leafy Flourishes Background Stamp, Stampin' Up Tiny Tags
Paper- SU Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Flourishes white cs
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Crushed Curry
Other- Clear embossing powder, burlap, MFT Circle Stax Die-Namics and Fishtail Flag Stax Die-Namics, Prismacolor Pencils, dimensionals, SU Jewelry Tag Punch, seam binding, Crystal Effects, SU Stripes Embossing Folder

11 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Lee Ann!! This style is one I love but not easy for me. The seam binding flower especially drew my interest. How do you make it all crinkly & have it stay that way??? I've seen this so many times and love the look but cannot make it happen. Thanks for any help you can offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything about your card is Classy and Elegant...the flower is a classic, beautiful image and colored to perfection! I love the burlap and all the other ways you introduced texture to your card. I am going to be taking some serious lessons from you Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the gorgeous texture you have used on your card Lee Ann. The heat embossing, the burlap and the scrunched bow are so perfect with the wonderful images you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is beautiful, Lee Ann, and beautifully photographed as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to reach into my monitor and touch your card! Fablous textured details Lee Ann. The beautiful embossed flourishes do bring a beautiful elegance to your card!

    LOVE, LOVE LOVE the scunched up seam binding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Every single details is well coordinated, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Monarch butterfly, so perfectly coloured, adding another elegant element to this organic texture card! I think black always adds that elegant feel and a bit of drama too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning! The embossing is really pretty, never saw embossing on black paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heavens this is stunning! That bow is so pretty and I love the burlap! The flower and butterfly are gorgeous too! Absolutely beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card. I love all the different textures you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee Ann, I saw this on Card Concept and had to come and tell you how beautiful this card is. Love everything about it... the swirl panel on the bottom, the coloring on the butterfly, the popped up wing... just perfect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...