Sunday, June 24, 2012

Watercolor Oceans

It has been a while since I have done a challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs, but after picking up a few more of their stamps at a local scrapbook convention, I felt it was time to get back into the groove.  It really does feel good to be stamping again.
This week's challenge is to use 3 or more stamps on a card.  That is quite a challenge for me, but with my new "The Sea" stamp and "Count the Waves" set, it was pretty easy.  I used these 2 sets and added "Keep My Lamp Burning" to the card as well.


Now my son thinks this card is amazing, but it really is pretty simple.  I colored The Sea stamp with Stampin' Up markers-More Mustard, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi- and also added Not Quite Navy.  I then Spritzed it with a water bottle (this is called faux watercolor technique) and stamped.  I repeated this with the lighthouse from Keep My Lamp Burning-stamped in Midnight Muse. The Sky is lightly sponged with Marigold Morning. I cut out the lighthouse and popped it up on dimensionals, although it is hard to see this in the photo.  The card base is Buckaroo Blue.
I thought this was going to be daunting, but it turned out to be a fun and easy card to make.  I can see this in Father's Day, masculine birthday...Hmmm, lots of possibilities!
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my blog.  Have a very blessed week!

Lee Ann

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card Lee Ann, and it really does look like watercolor. Very creative use of three stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lee Ann!! What a stunning use of three or more stamps!! How perfectly colored and designed!! So creative! Perfect ocean scene!! Thanks for taking the time to play with our Shining the Light challenge. Your creation is very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely gorgeous!!! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the colors & your combination of stamps. I do like the lighthouse added here & popped up like you have it, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that I decided to look at more of your blog. I love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...