Thursday, June 28, 2012

Christmas, and it's Almost July!

Hello, Everybody!  We are having record breaking temperatures here in St Louis- 107 for the high-so staying in is definitely preferred today!  I made a quick card for today's Ways to Use It Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  The challenge was to make something with a child on it, for a child or, inspired by a child.  I had this great image from Stampin' Up's Greeting Card Kids set already colored so I decided to use that for this Christmas card.

I am really happy with how this turned out.  The card base is Pink Pirouette, the dsp is retired.  The image is stamped on Naturals White and colored with the Aquapainter using Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Pool Party reinkers.  The Curly Cute sentiment is stamped in Stazon black.  Snowflakes from the retired "Snowflakes" set is stamped in Versamark and embossed with clear ep.  The image panel is mounted on Raspberry Ripple and an edgelit was used.  Tiny pearls are placed between each scallop.  A white Baker's Twine bow finishes it off with a retired Rose Red button in the center of it.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stay cool and have a blessed day!

Lee Ann

June 28, 2012- 8:44pm
I was able to sneak in a little more crafting this evening and decided to try the sketch at The Paper Players this week.  
Here is my interpretation-

It was difficult getting a good picture of this card as I wanted to be able to get the shiny clear embossing on the Naturals White panels while still having good lighting for the card as a whole.  This was a fun card to make and I tried a new technique as well, emboss resist with a twist.  I sponged a piece of Naturals White with Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder and then stamped the snowflake in Versamark and used clear embossing powder on it.  I then sponged Concord Crush over the entire image/inked area.  This I then cut in a circle and paper pierced along the inside of the circle, around the snowflake.  The two Naturals White panels were dry embossed; I then rubbed a Versamark pad over it and used clear embossing powder on it to give the panels a shiny/icy look.

To make this card I used-
Stamps-Snowflakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper-Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Naturals White
Ink-Versamark, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Basic Gray
Other-Dimensionals, clear embossing powder, scallpp edge punch, polka dots embossing folder, spellbinder
I really wanted this to be an "all Stampin' Up" card, but could not resist using the spellbinder behind the snowflake image.  
Thanks for stopping by!  

Lee Ann
P.S.  Apparently, it hit at least 110 degrees here in St Louis today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...