Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brayered Seascape for OWH

I almost titled this blog "Help!"  This is my very first brayered card.  If it weren't for the fact that there are some incredibly nifty looks one can achieve from brayering, this might be my last!  Please, please, please-anyone out there good at the brayering technique?  I could certainly use some suggestions.  I can't seem to get rid of the "lines" of the different color inks and the colors are just too linear.  Also, can you tell that the big black blob in the sky is the silhouette of a bird, or does it look like a big black blob?
This card is for the "sand and sea" or "blue and tan" challenge over at OWH.  Cardstock is Whisper White and Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up).  Inks are Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Buckaroo Blue and Night of Navy (brayered inks).  The grasses and sentiment are Chocolate Chip.  The big black blob... or bird, well, is black. 
Anyone with thought or constructive criticisms, your ideas are greatly appreciated here!!

2 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, I think it came out fabulous. Yours came out a heck of a lot better than when I try it. I have such a hard time brayering. I don't think you need any lessons, but if you want them check out YouTube. You will come up with a lot of videos on the technique. I think this card is very pleasing to the eye. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card really caught my eye in the thumbnails. It looked like a photo. I had no problem telling that was a bird and looked to see if there were was another black object in the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...