Friday, April 11, 2014

Die~Namite Blossoms

Hello Everyone!

Today I am up on the Die~Namites blog sharing this card, which is a bit out of the ordinary for me, but this Die~Namites Spring Blossoms Die was just calling to me to be used for an Asian theme.



  I searched the internet for some inspiration and found an amazing photo which inspired this card~



Is this not gorgeous!?  When I saw this pic, I knew I needed to try to turn it into a card.  I used my Die~Namites Spring Doily to make the decorative corners.  I die cut a doily out in white and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.

The Spring Blossoms Die was first cut out in black cardstock and then I cut the flowers out in red cs two times.  The first red blooms were adhered to the black die cut.  The second layer of red blooms were molded and then adhered over the first layer of red flowers.


For the background, I hand cut a mountain mask and sponged on Blushing Bride ink.  I used the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Serene Silhouettes for my bird image and the Vintage Seed Packet set for the sentiment.    I love this sentiment-it is one I am trying to keep very close right now- working on seeing things with a God perspective.  Boy, if that isn't difficult!  I have come to the conclusion that I am very impulsive.  But, I know that I can count on Him to change me from the inside out- if I let Him.

This week, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is all about 'Journey' .  I would love to Journey to China some day to see the Great Wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors. 
At 613 Avenue Create the Challenge is Sights/Sounds/Smells of Spring. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Serene Silhouettes and Vintage Seed Packet
Paper- Flourishes white cs, SU Real Red and Basic Black cs
Ink- SU Blushing Bride, Versafine Black
Other- gold ep, Die~Namites Spring Blossoms Die, Die~Namites Spring Doily Die, Pearls, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! I love your inspiration! You nailed the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, love the way u were inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, elegant card, thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, hope to see you again soon
    {613 DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Love those blossom trees and the background is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card... the detailing is amazing and i love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. The style is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...