Monday, August 4, 2014

Window on Fall

Hello Everyone!

Today's card is my sample for the Dare To Get Dirty Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  Kittie has a great challenge up- to make a window card.  I have used a variety of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps products for this card~


I started by creating faux barn wood for this fall scene.  Fall, you say??  Isn't it a little early??  Well, I just got back from Colorado, and it was SNOWING up on a mountain we drove to the top of.  So cooler temps are on my mind!  LOL! 
To make the faux barn wood, I used the direct to paper technique-
1. Drag Real Red and Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink onto Smokey Slate cs.  Once these inks are dry, drag white craft ink over the top.
2.  Cut the cardstock in 5/8 " wide strips. 
3.  Ink the long edges of the strips with Early Espresso ink. 
4.  Cut Cherry Cobbler cs mat approximately 5 1/4" x 4" in size.  Lightly drag the Early Espresso ink pad over the cs, avoiding the edges. 
5.  Adhere the faux barn wood strips to the Cherry Cobbler cs, leaving a tiny space in between each board. 
I stamped my branches from the Love Birds Stamp Set and colored with Copics then fussy cut out the image, cutting some of the leaves off the branches so they could litter my window sill. 
The window is die cut from Smokey Slate cs and backed with Crumb Cake cs which has a my LOL Cats image stamped and colored on it. 
The Tall Grass Die was perfect for adding some ornamental grass outside my window.  The sentiment, which is from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Happy Home Stamp Set, adds a homey warm to the card.
 
I am all ready for sweaters now! 

And here is a mountain top snow picture!

 Mt Evans, Colorado

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Love Birds, Happy Home, LOL Cats
Paper- Smokey Slate, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Neenah Solar White, PTI Rustic Cream cs
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Real Red, Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink, PTI Craft white
Other- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Tall Grass Die, dimensionals, Taylored Expressions Window Die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...