Sunday, February 25, 2018

So Many Fun Techniques!

Hi All!

Weather has been quite yucky here- dreary rain, dreary, wind, rain, dreary... you get the idea!
I hope weather is better where you are!  I frequently have craft nights with friends and it sure is
hard getting the boatloads of supplies into the car when it is pouring!
There are so many things I have been wanting to try lately.  Yupo and alcohol inks being one of those things.  I also wanted to try using the die pieces that would be from the negative space of a background die, popping them up on dimensional tape.
This is what I ended up with~


I started with a piece of Yupo paper and applied alcohol inks to it using the Ranger Ink Blending Tool and alcohol.
Next, using a card front die, I die cut from a plain white piece of cardstock.  To adhere this to the black card base, I took the long way around.  Yep, pretty typical for me!  Instead of just applying adhesive to the pieces I wanted to use while still in the die, I instead used Press and Seal to keep them in place while I removed them from the die, then used more Press and Seal to the front of the pieces, being sure to keep them in their original place- and then applied dimensional adhesive to the backs of the die cut pieces and laid it onto my card base as a single unit.  When I was certain of the placement, I pressed them down and removed the Press and Seal.
See what I mean?  Long way around...
I repeated the process with the alcohol ink colored Yupo paper.  Once the background was done,
I stamped and colored the Butterfly 2 image from Technique Junkies and fussy cut it out.
The raised die cut background made a perfect backdrop for the butterfly.  I added Wink of Stella to the butterfly, though you cannot see it in the photo.

I am linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, 'Make Your Own Background'.  

If you plan on doing some shopping at Technique Junkies (a butterfly image, perhaps?!) you can
get 10% off your entire order by using code TJ10LeeAnn.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed Sunday!

Lee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...