Saturday, April 28, 2018

Addicted to CAS and a Sympathy Card

Hello Everyone!

I am pleased to be a guest designer at one of my favorite challenge blogs this week, Addicted to CAS.  I keep a stash of sympathy cards handy, but I seem to always come up short on masculine ones.  This challenge seemed to be a perfect opportunity to make a CAS sympathy card~


 Can you guess what the challenge is this week?


I love how this turned out.  I used the  Sea Grass Lighthouse stamp from Technique Junkies. I started by cutting approximately 1/2 inch off along the bottom of the image panel.  Using my MISTI, I stamped the image in versamark along the bottom and then embossed it in gold.   The sentiment, from the With Sympathy stamp set from Technique Junkies, was stamped in grey using my MISTI.
The card base is Smokey Slate cs from SU.  I used a Lawn Fawn stitched border die to add some detail just below the sentiment panel.
This was super easy- the hardest part was getting the photo!  I had forgotten how hard it is to photograph metallic embossing powder, especially on a mostly white card...
Anywho, I hope you join us at Addicted to CAS this week!  And if you are interested in the stamps I used on this card, You can purchase them and get 10% your entire cart with the discount code TJ10LeeAnn over at Technique Junkies.


Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Lee Ann 

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Lee Ann. A perfect sympathy card. I think the gold speaks of respect, and the lighthouse is a beacon of light for those left behind. It's wonderful to have you with us as Guest Designer. Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful take on the code word, Lee Ann! I love the image in gold and your gray border and sentiment are just perfect!
    Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for this challenge...it was lovely working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful serene card. Love it! Thanks for being our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love how you added the stitched strip of grey at the bottom.
    Thanks for being our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in St. Louis too, Lee Ann. St. Louis Michigan that is. ;) I know what you mean about needing masculine sympathy cards. I also need masculine prayer cards. The simple grasses embossed in gold was a perfect way to go. Thanks for guest designing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your card Lee Ann - it's so simple and light to the touch. So classy. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at ADTCAS this week. x Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! :)
    Thank you for being our Guest Designer.

    Ellenor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...