Saturday, November 4, 2023

Harvest

 Good Morning!  

Last night I relaxed and participated in a Bible journaling retreat 'Live' in the Bible Journaling Tips and Tricks FB group.  The retreat is focusing on 'Harvest'.  One of the sessions was on Matthew 9 36-39.  There is a lot to unpack in a few short verses.  

    'When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.  Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

 What stood out to me the most is that Jesus had compassion on the crowds.  These people were in a bad way.  He did not pick out which were clean and well clothed, which ones were faithful to their spouse, which were 'good' and did not steal or commit murder, or, in general, which ones followed the law and which didn't.  He had compassion on all of them.  

This was one of those 'slap you in the face' reminders to love everyone, not just the ones who have similar beliefs to mine, or look the right way or make the right amount of money.  I must confess, this is truly difficult for me especially when you see all the crazy that is going on in the world.  My prayer is that God would give me the compassion that He shows to all people.  


Initially I was going to go with traditional fall colors of yellow, orange, brown... but after sponging on some distress oxide inks in Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade, I switched gears.  The stenciled wheat was already down with Fossilized Amber and Frayed Burlap Ink.  I went over the edges of the pages with Aged Mahogany distress oxide and then went in with Wilted Violet distress Ink over the whole thing. 

For texture, I stamped the Skeleton Leaf Background background stamp in several areas.  The leaf and acorn images from the Colors of Fall and Autumn Splendor Stamp Sets were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto heavy printer paper and colored with Copics.  

Once I decided on my title and wording I stamped the word 'pray' from the Faith Phrases Stamp Set onto printer paper and then-believe it or not- fussy cut it out.  I have a terrible time getting good impressions directly into my Bible and I thought this would be easier.  It was NOT.  

The words 'To' and 'The' are from the Worship the Lord Stamp Set.  I stamped them directly on the page with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.   'Lord' is from a retired stamp set.  I added in some writing with my Kuretake Zig Millenium Markers and then stamped the word 'compassion' using the great Mini Bold Print Alpha stamp set.  I finished the writing and adhered everything to the page.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a peace filled weekend,

Lee Ann  


Supplies used in today's project(s)

Copic Sketch Markers
Copic Sketch Markers

SSS | Blick
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk
EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors

SSS | scrpbk
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk
Mini Distress Ink Pad, Wilted Violet
Mini Distress Ink Pad, Wilted Violet

SSS




Gina K Connect Glue
Gina K Connect Glue

SSS
SSS 3 x 4 Acrylic Block
SSS 3 x 4 Acrylic Block

SSS
Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber Ink
Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber Ink

SSS
Distress Oxide Brushed Corduroy Ink
Distress Oxide Brushed Corduroy Ink

SSS
SnSS Colors of Fall Stamp Set
SnSS Colors of Fall Stamp Set

SSS | SnSS
SnSS Mini Bold Alpha
SnSS Mini Bold Alpha

SnSS
SnSS Skeleton Leaf Background Stamp
SnSS Skeleton Leaf Background Stamp

SnSS
Zig Millenium Pure Black assorted point pens
Zig Millenium Pure Black assorted point pens

SSS | Blick
SnSS My Savior's Love Stamp Set
SnSS My Savior's Love Stamp Set

SSS | SnSS
Distress Oxide Ink, spiced Marmalade
Distress Oxide Ink, spiced Marmalade

SSS
snss Faith Phrases
snss Faith Phrases

SnSS
MISTI
MISTI

SSS
SnSS Worship the Lord Stamp Set
SnSS Worship the Lord Stamp Set

SnSS
SnSS Autumn Splendor Stamp Set
SnSS Autumn Splendor Stamp Set

SnSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...