Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Today is a Birthday with The Card Concept!

Happy Hump Day, Everyone!

Welcome back to another Card Concept Challenge.  It has been wonderful to see how many of you are embracing this challenge and so fun to see all of the different styles!  Today it is all about birthdays~

For some reason, this challenge really stumped me.  Who can't make a birthday card??  But I did know I want to do some watercoloring, so I broke out a nbus that I picked up when visiting San Antonio last summer.









Now you are probably asking yourself about style.  I am still designing in the Elegant and Classy Style defined as~
  • polished
  • shiny finish
  • sparkling embellishments
  • rich colour scheme
  • sophisticated sentiments
  • regal
  • sweeping
  • dramatic
  • monochromatic
  • layered textures
  • awe
  • impress
I have shiny and sparkly elements, namely, gold cardstock, gold embossing powder and glue glitter.  The colors are very rich.  The sentiment is traditional and a sophisticated font and texture is provided with the watercolor paper in contrast to the smoothness of the vellum. I did not go overboard on embellies as I wanted the focus to remain on the watercoloring.  As for the regal, sweeping, dramatic, awe and impress elements, I will leave that to you to decide!  And remember, your card does not need to have all of the elements of a particular style. 
You can find all of the amazing Design Team inspiration on The Card Concept Blog.  Now it is your turn!  What style will you create in? 

I am linking this card up to the Seize the Birthday Sketch Challenge. The sketch is a loose interpretation of Chupa's sketch at Sketchbook Saturday.






Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- PaperWingsProductions, PTI (sentiment)
Paper- watercolor, SU Gumball Green, Wisteria Wonder, vellum, Brushed Gold cs, Flourishes white cs
Ink- Stazon black, Versamark
Other- Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, Gumball Green, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight reinkers, SU Dazzling Details, gold ep, PTI One Liners Happy Die 

9 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, this is stunning! I love the background you created for this elegant stamp. You should link this up at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge 4. The theme is sparkle, glitz or glam. I'd say this definitely qualifies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love that gorgeous flower! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are as good at watercoloring as you are with copics...love the beautiful bouquet of flowers and the vellum strip with the gold embossing. This really looks like Spring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lee Ann! Love the background and beautiful flowers!!! So glad you linked it up with us this week at Seize the Birthday! I have admired your work for quite sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! Such a work of art!
    I'm so glad you joined us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card . I love how you have coloured the image and the soft inking in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, so fantastic! Amazing colouring and great design, loveliness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the watercoloured background and the highlighted flowers! Thanks for joining Maria's birthday bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polished, dramatic, sophisticated sentiment, rich colors - yep, yep, yep and yep. What a beautiful work of art. So kind of you to join in on my birthday party. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...