Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Making Waves

Hi Everyone! 

I am headed out of town tomorrow- needing to spend some time with my parents as my mother is still on the mend.  I did play a bit today with some mixed media goodies, inspired by both the Curtain Call Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, 'Paste'. 


As I am heading for Florida, this seemed quite the appropriate card!  I will probably send this to my mother when I get back from visiting them. 
I really loved the inspiration photo from Curtain Call and was inspired by the angle of the photo more than anything.  I really did not succeed in creating that angle, but, I do like how it turned out, considering I am NOT in any way, shape or form a mixed media gal. 


I also wanted to play with water coloring some more, as I feel like a novice in that area.  I think part of my problem is I am too impatient to wait for things to dry!  So, I water colored the sky, sea and sand.  I went over the sky and the sea a few times.  I added white embossing paste at the shore line to mimic sea foam and spray.  Then I mixed some brown inks with some embossing paste to make the sand.  I should note that I pounced on the embossing paste with a firm bristle brush to give it the texture.  The sea foam, once dry, was colored over with white acrylic paint- a tooth brush was used to apply it. 
My starfish (Sweet n Sassy Stamps) was colored with Copics and fussy cut out.  The sentiment is a brand new one from Kraftin' Kimmie and the birds are from a Craft Lounge set. 

Thanks it for me! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Lee Ann  :)


14 comments:

  1. I love everything about this, Lee Ann, and I can only imagine how textured it is IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Lee Ann. Love the beach scene with the star fish. The textures are amazing! Want to reach out and touch it! Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant CURTAIN CALL INSPIRATION CHALLENGE! Gee, my brain brain must be laying on that beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Totally in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique with the pastes. This is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am ready for the beach after seeing your beautiful scene! Lovely texture in the sand too! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Your beach scene is AMAZING!! I adore the texture you created with the water and sand, truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love how you created such vibrant colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful beach scene .... you've created wonderful texture! Thank you for sharing your techniques! Hope you're enjoying Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee Ann awesome texture! Thank you for sharing at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AMAZING.
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtail Call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to be on that beach!!! Fabulous take on the challenge :) Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your shout-out at Curtain Call, Lee Ann! This card is amazing in every way and so deserving. Thanks also for your sweet comments on my card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...