Tuesday, April 16, 2019

CAS Poppy

Hey All!

The week is flying by!  Sharing a card that I made for a few challenges (seem to be on a challenge kick lately).  I started with the sketch at CASE This Sketch.



I water colored my poppy from Sweet n' Sassy Stamps using Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  I added some detail with Prismacolor pencils.  Lastly, I fussy cut the flower out. 
I loved it against the mono print I made using my gel plate and acrylic paints.  The poppy is a little bit orangier than it appears in the photo- tomato red, actually.

I am also linking up to CAS Watercolour Challenge - Poppy. 


That's it for me 'til tomorrow!  Busy day tomorrow with my third GIU post , FMS and Colorthrowdown.  See you then!

Lee Ann

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poppy, Lee Ann! I love how you've colored it and the gelli plate background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this card is so beautiful. I love the layout with alot of white left on the card and then the sentiment at the lower end. Your coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gelli plate monoprint as a background for the beautiful poppy - wonderful watercolouring on the poppy. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and beautiful! Love watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poppy Lee Ann! Love the colour with the purple center. Lovely contrast! So pretty over your gelli plate background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...