Tuesday, December 17, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch and a Snowflake

Hello All!

There is till snow on the ground and I am still playing, lol!  It has really been nice to have 2 unexpected days off.  I really wanted to try the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and I wanted to play with a new Impression Obsession Die and play in their challenge as well.


As you can see, I was kind of done with the whole photograph thing today, lol.  Winter lighting just plain stinks.  Even with snow on the ground.  So, my card looks like it is on a hill, lol.
EDIT- It is Saturday and we finally have some sun.  I took another picture- not sure if it is any better, lol.  This just happens to be one of those difficult to photograph cards, I guess.



Impression Obsession has a great challenge this week, It's Snow Time~


I was shopping for snowflake dies and found this beauty at Impression Obsession.  It is called Large Snowflake.  Now I am not one for intricate dies, but- this one really caught my eye and it was a must have.  I do not have a fancy cutting machine, so I did have to use a metal shim with my Big Shot to cut through all of the intricate bits and pieces.
I decided I wanted a watercolored snowflake, so cut it out in watercolor paper.  I used my beloved Ken Oliver Color Burst Water Colors to add various purples to the outer most layer and inner most layer.
I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch~


My curved panel was cut from a gel print that I made some time ago.  I used acrylic paints and a Tim Holtz stencil, Flourish.
The sentiment is one of my faves- I just love the font for this sentiment.  It is Impression Obsession's Peace.
Thanks for stopping by; see you tomorrow!

Lee Ann 

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card! The sentiment is so elegant and I love the texture on the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...