Wednesday, October 4, 2023

You Angels

 Hello and Happy Hump Day! 

We are finally getting some rain and cooler weather in our neck of the woods.  I am ready for 'real' fall!  Rainy days are the best days for crafting, don't you think?  

I de-stressed after work this evening, doing some Bible journaling, highlighting Psalm 103:20, which is a reference verse for Hebrews chapter 2 in my Bible study.  This verse is a wonderful reminder that it is not the angels we should be worshipping, but God, He who is higher that the angels. 


I had a very different idea in mind when I started, but it just was not panning out.  So, I ended up relying on my favorite florals from the SnSS My Savior's Love Stamp Set.  The flowers were stamped on heavy printer paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.  I then fussy cut the flowers out.  I really wanted to use these angel wing dies.  Can you believe I have had these in my stash for YEARS- like maybe 8 or 10- and this is only the second time I am using them.  


I die cut the wings in heavy printer paper, inked it with Versamark Ink and heat embossed the wings with Gina K Detail Gold Embossing Powder.  

My background is done with the IO Stamps Gingham Background Stamp.  So this was a big Oops.  

I wanted to stamp the background with a dark navy and a grey blue (for a color challenge) and apparently I switched the lids on my distress inks because instead of getting Faded Jeans, I got Salty Ocean.  I was pretty bummed as there was really no correcting this, so I tried to tone down the blue with some Antique Linen Distress Ink.  There is also some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink in there, so that helped as well.  

For my verse, I used the Faith Phrases Stamp Set and stamped it in a navy blue.  I continued by handwriting the verse and for the word 'His', I used the Resurrection Words Stamp Set (I had to do a little masking to get the word, his).

Thanks for stopping by, 

Lee Ann  


Supplies used in today's project(s)

Copic Sketch Markers
Copic Sketch Markers

SSS | Blick
3M Scotch ATG Advanced Tape Glider
3M Scotch ATG Advanced Tape Glider

SSS
Sakura Pigma Micron Pens
Sakura Pigma Micron Pens

SSS | Blick | scrpbk
EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors

SSS | scrpbk
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk
Versamark Ink
Versamark Ink

SSS | scrpbk
Mini Distress Ink Pad, Chipped Sapphire
Mini Distress Ink Pad, Chipped Sapphire

SSS | scrpbk
Impression Obsession Gingham Cover a Card
Impression Obsession Gingham Cover a Card

IO Gina K. Designs Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Gina K. Designs Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder

SSS Gina K Connect Glue
Gina K Connect Glue

SSS SnSS Resurrection Words Stamp Set
SnSS Resurrection Words Stamp Set

SnSS Wagner Precision Heat Tool
Wagner Precision Heat Tool

SSS SnSS My Savior's Love Stamp Set
SnSS My Savior's Love Stamp Set

SSS | SnSS snss Faith Phrases
snss Faith Phrases

SnSS MISTI
MISTI

SSS

1 comment:

  1. I think it's beautiful even with the Salty Ocean. And I know I have hoarded craft supplies and have so many things I just had to have but haven't used. I am working on changing that though. It's getting used or given to a friend with crafty girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...