Saturday, May 19, 2018

Sympathy Peony

Hello All,

Well, I needed a sympathy card.  Truth be told I have several in my stash, but I needed the right one.  My heart was so heavy in making this card~


This card is for a young woman who, many years ago, babysat my son.  She married the man of her dreams; he passed away suddenly a week ago.  He was 37.  Thirty seven.  Thankfully, while she is obviously mourning, she has hope.  Hope that she will see him again as she is confident he is rejoicing in heaven with his Savior now.  He lived a joy-filled life knowing he was a child of God.
My card is green.  I am sure it seems a strange color for a peony, and for a sympathy card.  But there is significance to the color green.  Green is the color of renewal, of new life.  And if we put our faith in Jesus Christ we will have a new life with Him.  This young man's death has hit me hard.  Friends, we do not know what tomorrow holds.  If you have not put your trust in Jesus Christ, call on Him today to be your Savior.

OK, back to the card.  The stamp is a Power Poppy image-love, love, love this set.  It is colored with Copics.  I used a sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments  ~


I am also linking up to Power Poppy's May Challenge, Black and White with a Pop of Color. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lee Ann, I’m so sorry for the reason you had to make the card, such a difficult story. But the design is gorgeous, the green is so perfect, symbolism and the colouring. This sentiment is so perfect for her too. Blessings as you care for this lovely friend, and blessings over as you mourn. Praying His love and kindness will continue to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this card is stunning! I'm sure that it will bring this young woman comfort at this very sad time. Beautifully done! Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss - 37 is no age and his family must be bereft. Sympathy cards are most definitely the hardest to do and you can see the love you've put into this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for the loss of this young man and will be paying for his bride. Your card is certain to brighten her day and help her get through this trying time in her life. I love the significance behind the color you chose...really, really beautifully done! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Sympathy cards are often difficult to make, but I am certain this will bring some happiness to your friend in her time of sorrow. Thank you for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. I love your coloring - spot on! The white background makes everything pop! Thanks for participating in our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous...love the faint hint of blue around the image.
    xx karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. your card is pretty, and is a testimony to those who see the card and read your story, that life is found in Christ alone and good-bye here is not the final chapter of our lives when we know Jesus as Savior. There is pain in parting and grieving that takes the breath away, but He (our Lord) is our strength and refuge, a very present help in time of trouble! Psa. 46.1 This moment I pray for you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...