Sunday, August 5, 2018

Shimmering Backgrounds

Hey Everyone! 

Today's card is all about the shimmer!  Technique Junkies has released a new product, Shimmering Bliss.  It is a dye ink and mica spray with lots and lots of shimmer!  Instead of spritzing it, I dripped it onto a background panel~


Here are the details~

1.  5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch cardstock was embossed with a 3D embossing folder.
2.  A layer of gesso was applied over the embossed cardstock.
3.  I unscrewed the spritzer from the bottle of Shimmering Bliss (starting with Chestnut Mare
and then dripped the Shimmering Bliss onto the debossed areas.  The liquid did not run as much as a wanted it to, so I misted it with water. I continued to drip and spray, until I was happy with where the color was. 
4.  I dried the embossed layer with a heat tool. 
5.  I repeated the drip and mist process with the Mardi Gras Purple Shimmering Bliss
6.  Once I was happy with the look, I dried the panel with a heat tool.  At this point, if you really wanted to age your project, you could sand the raised areas some.  I did on this card HERE, but not on today's card.  Totally up to you. 
7. I stamped the sentiment, Light Remains, on a rectangular piece of cardstock.  I colored on 'light rays' through the sentiment with a light peach colored Copic marker. 
8.  I stamped and colored the Butterfly 2 image and then fussy cut it out, removing one of the wings to give it the illusion of a sideways view. 
9.  I used some cheese cloth behind the sentiment panel and assembled the card.  Sequins finish off the card. 
You can get 15% off all new release stamps through August 8th.  All other non clearance items, including the NEW Shimmering Bliss, can be purchased at 10% off with code TJ10LeeAnn.



That's it for me!  I hope I have inspired you to create today!  

Lee Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...