Thursday, February 28, 2019

Field of Poppies

Hello All!

Well, just when we think spring is right around the corner, we get hit with another bit of winter mess.  Creating with floral images seems to be the only way to see a bit of spring!
I used this fantastic Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps image from the Precious Poppies stamp set.  I wanted to make a Copic background; I always color the image first and then don't know what to do with the background, so this time I did a unique background with Copics first and then colored the image.


  I felt the image was lacking something when I finished coloring, so I went back in and added some green circles to my blue circle background.  Added an embossed sentiment strip and a few sequins and called it done.
I am linking up to Time Out Challenges where the challenge is to be unique!


I am also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Lee Ann 

4 comments:

  1. Delightful coloring, Lee Ann. I love poppies and these are just bright and cheery. So glad to have found you at the SSS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This background is wonderful! I never know what to do for backgrounds as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. The flower images are wonderful, and you have colored them beautifully. LOVE those dots in the background. The sentiment strip is fabulous, as is the sentiment itself. Thanks you for sharing this beauty and playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Ann... your field of poppies is spectacular! Love your coloring. Thanks so much for joining us at TIME OUT this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...