Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fresh Colors for Freshly Made Sketches #376

Hello and Happy Wednesday!
I usually love winter, but it just does not want to seem to quit.  The days have been so dreary so I had to use some bright colors for the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.
This week's sketch is by the ever so talented Karren!


Here is your sketch~
 

Such a great, versatile sketch! So many possibilities- it was hard for me to decide, lol!  I decided to go with a butterfly image- Big Butterfly- from Indigo Bu.  Using my MISTI, I stamped my butterfly in pink distress ink, moved the color around with a paint brush and water, let it dry and then stamped it again, several times to get a good dark image.  I repeated this with orange and red distress inks.  Some butterflies are overlapped and some are masked off.  The entire panel was die cut with an MFT scalloped rectangle die.  For the sentiment I added the large 'You' die cut from Simon Says Stamp and an itty bitty sentiment, also from SSS, Tiny Words. A black card base and a few sequins from SSS finish it off.  I think it is bright enough!
Check out all of the inspiration from the rest of the team; I am in awe of their talent every. single. week.  After you pick your jaw up off the ground, join us with your version of this sketch!

I am linking up to ModSquad Challenge, which is to name the stamp brand.  

8 comments:

  1. That is some fabulous inkiness my friend! Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked the vibrant and the spectacular with this design, Lee Ann! I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! This is amazing and just the thing to banish those winter blahs! Spring is only a month away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is so fantastic! I just love those colourful butterflies! It's so pretty! Hopefully spring is on the way - though here it takes a while to finally decide to make an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and a fabulously creative way to use the sketch. Love this, Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your butterflies look amazing and the black of the die-cut word really pops against them. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This. Is. Spectacular!!! I just need a dose of this color every day until spring actually shows up. What gorgeous interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...