Sunday, September 13, 2020

Rev Up the Van!

 Hello All!  


Yes, I have been a bit MIA.  I have finally gone back to work so I am getting used to a new schedule and a new routine at school.  I am also just taking a partial crafty break.  I want to love what I do and that has not been happening lately so I have stepped way back.  

But, I can never leave it completely!  I am loving the new Vintage Van Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps; it is super versatile.  


Isn't this the cutest???  The van and tree are separate images, as is the wreath, and there are other accessory images so you can make all sorts of variations with the van.  For this card, I stamped the card in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copics.  To stamp the wreath, I masked out the heart 'logo' of the van and then stamped the wreath with the word 'Joy'.  The image was then fussy cut out.  I did the same with the tree image.

The background was made with my beloved Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  I spritzed my Arches Watercolor Paper with water using my Distress Spray Bottle and then sprinkled on shades of blue and purple Color Burst powders.  I moved them around some with a brush, spritzed on more water and then dried it with a  Wagner heat gun.  I repeated the process until I was happy with the background.  

I adhered the tree to the van and then stamped my upper sentiment in Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Brustus Monroe Ultra fine Alabaster Embossing Powder.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Pine Stamp Set.  The lower sentiment is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink and is from the Christmas Pine Stamp Set.  The image is popped up on dimensional tape.  

To finish off the card, I set about to create a virtual blizzard by splattering white watered down gouache all over the background and image.  I colored the garland on the tree and the berries on the wreath with a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen.  A few white sequins and clear sequins finish it off.  

I am linking up to this week's Krafty Chicks Challenge, Christmas.  

Here is the set with all of the accessory pieces! 

And here is a card that is anything but Christmas!  


I adore this 60s hippie version with the psychedelic background!  Which, by the way, was made using the shaving cream technique.  

I used my MISTI to stamp the van followed by the rack of presents in Memento Tuxedo Black ink then colored with Copics.  I colored in a road as well.  And did you catch the adorable license plate?!?

I fussy cut the image, including the road out and adhered it to Neenah solar white cardstock, then matted that with bright pink cs.  The panel was adhered to the psychedelic background.  A few sequins finish off this card.  

I think the next card will have to be a van filled with pumpkins!  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!  

 Lee Ann  


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Lee Ann! So glad to hear you were just on a break! I totally love your hippie van wintry scene which just about brought on the shivers, it is that icy and that well done!! And then, wow, hot flash city with your second design in autumn fiery colors! Honestly, these just ROCK!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a great use of the stamps...awesome take on using it for other seasons/holidays. Way to go!! Thank you for playing our Christmas challenge this week at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Love every one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...