Saturday, December 12, 2020

Nativity

 Hello!  

It's the weekend, and boy is it needed.  I am still working on Christmas cards, though I do need to start getting some in the mail if they are going to get to their destination before Christmas!  Anyone else still working on Christmas cards?  

When it comes to Christmas, the most iconic image is the Nativity.  This precious stamp, Born This Day, from Sweet n Sassy Stamps takes the number one spot for my Christmas stamp sets.  


Sweet, simple and powerful.  This card got a watercolored sky- I used my Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders and followed along with what I learned from an artist I follow on IG, ArtbyPanza.  Watching her create her night skies mesmerizes me.  I tried it on a smaller scale for this card and I am pretty happy with it.  The stars are done with watered down white acrylic paint as well as a white Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen.  The Christmas star is heat embossed with Gina K Fine Detail Gold ep and the image is colored with Copics.  The die is an old PTI die and I think it is retired.  There is a similar one here.  

The There's a Stamp for That Challenge Group challenge this week is either snowman OR CAS.  As I am in need of Christmas cards, I chose CAS.  We hope you will join us!
  
I am linking up to Krafty Chicks Challenge for their Christmas challenge.
  
Inkspire Me Challenge is all about stars this week- I have a lot of them!
  
Christmas Card Throwdown, you can pick any challenge from the past year.  I chose 'Window', challenge from March.  
Lastly, at the ABC Christmas Challenge, this week it is Y or Z.  Y is for 'Your Favorite Things'.  This is my favorite Christmas stamp set.  

Thanks for stopping by! 


Lee Ann  

Other Links

Simon Says Stamp

Gina K Uniball Signo White Gel Pen 

Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock 

5 comments:

  1. Marisela Delgado said: So sweet! On December 21st, Jupiter and Saturn will be aligned and will appear like the Star of Bethlehem. I talk to the Lord outside underneath the stars so I am excited! Feliz Navidad! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the sky, the kraft color really makes it pop. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks this week. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that absolutely adorable nativity scene!! Thank you so much for participating in our last challenge of the year at 52CCT - I hope you'll come back to play in the new year too!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and hopefully better New Year than the one leaving us! Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful christmas card you made :-))
    Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.
    Happy, Healthy and Creative 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...