Sunday, May 9, 2021

Birthday Blue Bird

 Hello Hello! 

I hope all of the moms out there had a lovely weekend.  My mom celebrated both Mother's Day and her birthday.  I can never have too many feminine birthday cards, and my mom happens to be a bird lover.


What's this???  Patterned paper you say???  Every now and then I take a look at the huge stash of patterned paper I have and decide I need to make a dent in it.  Not sure if using 1 sheet is making a dent, but...

I have so many 'favorite' stamp sets; sometimes it just depends on the day and the mood I am in!  But this set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps, designed by Nina B., will always be at the top of my list!  Singing Praises can be colored so many ways and if you are into realism, her birds are just spot on.  

I opted to get the watercolors out for this card.  I went with my Arteza Watercolor Brush Pens.  Sometimes I feel like my stamp lines get a bit muddy with watercoloring, even with using waterproof ink.  This time I stamped the image in InkOn3's No Line Coloring FadeOut Ink using my MISTI and then watercolored.  I really did not know where I was going with it and ended up with a variety of pastels on the bird.  These colors were carried over into the flowers as well.  

After my image was totally dry, I placed the image back in the MISTI and stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I love the crisp lines that I ended up with.  My simple sentiment is from the Birthday Wordfetti Stamp Set.  I gave the flowers white centers with a white gel pen and added a few Simon Says Stamp Moonshine Sequins.  

It is Customer Appreciation Month over at Sweet n Sassy Stamps and all of Nina B.'s stamps are on sale this week!  It's a great time to pick up the stamps you have been eyeing! 

I am linking up to Just Us Girls for their latest challenge~


And Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog- 'Feminine'
And also linking up to Addicted to Stamps and More for their 'Any Occasion' challenge
And the Mix It Up Challenge, 'Layering'.

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week everyone!

Lee Ann  

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colouring!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with gorgeous layers! Thanks for sharing this with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisela Delgado said: It's gorgeous! So beautiful! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully put together - your papers work so well together.

    Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...