Saturday, May 29, 2021

Block Watercolors

 Hello!  

It's official!  School is out for the summer!  What. A, Year!  Now I am really trying to hit the craft room as I am so behind.  

I love floral sprays.  And the new-in-June Botanical Branches from Sweet n Sassy Stamps are perfect fillers for your favorite flowers.  


I started with some watercolor paper and distress ink reinkers.  I used the sketch from this week's challenge at There's A Stamp For That (thanks to FSM for letting us use your sketch).  Join us!  This week it is this sketch, frogs or paper piecing! 

As you can see, I rotated the sketch and made it into a mini slim card.  The colored blocked areas were painted with reinkers.  The flower from the True Beauty Stamp Set was stamped in InkOn3's No Line Coloring Fade Out Ink and watercolored with distress ink.  I lost some of the detail in the flower so I put it back in my MISTI and overstamped the image with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink.  The leaves from the True Beauty Set were stamped in Versamark ink on vellum and heat embossed in Brutus Monroe's Alabaster Embossing powder.  The leaves and flower were fussy cut out with my Cutterbee Scissors-brand new pair and wow,  do they do a fab job!  
The branches are from the Botanical Branches Stamp Set; they were watercolored with distress ink and then fussy cut out.  The spray was arranged in the lower corner of the card and adhered.  A sentiment strip, using a sentiment from the Birthday Wordfetti Stamp Set was added along with a few sequins.  The panel was mounted on a Grout Grey card base.  

as well as The Krafty Chicks Challenge- All Occasions.   

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Summer!

Lee Ann 


3 comments:

  1. Oh I like your cards, awesomeness! Thanks again for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Leanne DT/KCC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...