Monday, June 7, 2021

Impression Obsession 's New Release Hop, Day 2!

 Hello Again! 

Welcome back to Day 2 of the Impression Obsession June New Release Blog Hop!  If you came from Laura Williams's blog, you are in the right spot.  If not, head over to the Impression Obsession Blog to start the hop.  Each day (June 7th and 8th) you can find a list of participants on the Impression Obsession Blog.  

We will be giving away 3  Impression Obsession $25 Gift Certificates; the more you comment (one comment per post per day) the greater your chances of winning! 

All comments for each of the hop days will be open until Monday, June 14th at 11:59pm.  Winners will be posted on the Impression Obsession Blog on Tuesday, June 15th.  

I am starting out with a birthday card, using some of the awesome new dies~


Goodness, I love these balloons!  I opted for a sweet 16 card so die cut my Party Balloons from white cs and colored them with Copics in girlie pinks and purples. Next, the numbers 1 and 6 were die cut in white using the Big Numbers Dies  and colored in ombre fashion.   For the word 'sweet' I pulled out my trusty Alpha LC Typewriter Die to die cut the letters.  

Assembly.  The card mat was stamped with the versatile Starburst Cover a Card Stamp in light pink.  Next, I adhered a monoprint that was made with my gel plate and die cut a circle using the Wacky Stitched Circles Dies. All of the die cuts were then adhered to the card.  The whole thing was adhered to a purple card base and sequins and Wink of Stella were added to finish the card. 

Next up, a slimline card made with a new slimline stamp- and its a beaut!  


Check out this Pier, guys!  The detail is just gorgeous!  The stamp was placed in my MISTI; I inked up the 'pier' portion of the stamp in brown and stamped it on white cs.  Once I was happy with the inking, I carefully inked up the water portion of the stamp with blue inks.  I did a bit of masking of the inked pier to try to keep the blue and brown inks clean.  Once I was happy with the stamped image, I sponged in the sky with distress ink.  I did a bit of masking here as well at the horizon.  The sentiment, Sea You Soon, is perfect for this image.  I stamped it in dark blue in the lower left corner.  The panel was matted with navy cs and then adhered to a kraft card base. 

You can find all of the new release goodies HERE.  

The talented Lynda is your next stop!  Enjoy the hop! 

Lee Ann

 

Blog Hop Links

16 comments:

  1. Love your cards! That pier stamp image makes me think of summer time. Gorgeous card! And the sweet 16 card is so fun with your wonderfully colored balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see the pier stamp used and how it will look! Hard sometimes to tell from a catalogue shot. This is lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you colored the balloons. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! Love the balloons, and the pier is fabulous! The beach scene reminds me of the place I consider my home, the central coast of CA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that long pier!! Great cards, Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards. I especially like the one with the pier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marisela Delgado said: Awesome cards! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I particularly like your coloring on the balloon card. The highlighting is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your scene and birthday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cards! I always love balloons and that slimline pier stamp is wonderful!So different!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet birthday card and love the pier scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards and Kudos to you on the second card, lot's of details there and you kept the inks where they belonged...I couldn't do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pier card!! The sky and sea so realistic. Sweet birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of your cards! Definitely need that pier stamp for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards. By coloring the balloons with Copics, they have a totally different look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...