Sunday, February 27, 2022

Choose to Bless

 Happy Sunday All! 

It can be so easy to hide behind a computer screen.  We all screw up, we all sin.  One thing I struggle with All. The. Time. is my mouth.  I wanted to journal on a recent sermon, which was about blessing instead of cursing others.  And to do it regardless if they cursed me first.  Well, that is completely opposite of how my brain is wired and it has caused me much grief.  


 I journaled 1 Peter 3:9; Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.  On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit blessing. James 3:9-10 tells us the tongue is deadly and full of poison. I need God's help in quieting my poisonous tongue. 

I was blessed to participate in a Live Bible Journaling Event in the Bible study group I belong to.  I traced some digital flowers onto my page, using a black Micron pen. 

To watercolor them, I got out my Lycra water color crayons.  Because this paper does not take water well, I thought that using the crayons would require less water than traditional watercolors, and I was right. I drew in circles in my flower centers and dotted them with a white gel pen.  

The title was stamped in Versafine Black Ink using Hello My Name Is stamp set and another set that has since been retired.

I am grateful that even with my poisonous tongue, God forgives me and still loves me.  His love is steadfast.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann  


  

Supplies used in today's project(s)

Sakura Pigma Micron Pens
Sakura Pigma Micron Pens

SSS | Blick | scrpbk
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk
Tonic Craft Guillotine Trimmer
Tonic Craft Guillotine Trimmer

SSS
Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen
Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen

SSS | Blick
Lyra Watercolor Crayons
Lyra Watercolor Crayons

Blick
snss Hello My Name Is
snss Hello My Name Is

SnSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...