Saturday, February 5, 2022

February Kits and Lots of Love

 Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I crafted and posted. But with Valentine's Day right around the corner, I pulled out some new Spellbinders goodies and got to work.  


Whimsy- these flowers scream whimsy and I love them!  They are from the newest Clear stamp and Die of the Month from Spellbinders.  The set is called Old School Notes; in case you were wondering about the name of the set, it also has an adorable typewriter image.  

But first, this card- I colored the flowers with Copic markers after stamping them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  They were then die cut with the coordinating die.  I used an old  sketch from Fusion Card Challenge- it was perfect for my flowers.  

I chose my colors from the Card Concept Challenge


The background panel was die cut with the newest Spellbinders Small Die of the Month, Oval Stitch and Border.  I used the border die multiple times to create an entire background panel with the delicate pattern.
I decided to put my flowers in a 'basket'; I used the Spellbinders Hem Stitched Circle Dies for this.  I die cut two circles from white cs and cut one of them in half.  I adhered my flowers to the full circle and then added the half circle directly on top of that, adding a bit of dimension with a few layers of cs.  The sweet little heart was stamped and die cut, then adhered to the basket.  
The Be My Valentine sentiment from the January Kit of the month, sadly, is currently sold out. 
A few sequins finish the card.  
I am also linking up to Make the Card Challenge- Make a Valentine. 
As well as the Krafty Chicks Challenge- Stamp Act.

Did I mention the adorable typewriter?  


This image is adorable and its matching die makes it even better with the cut that you can place a slip of paper into to look like it is still in the typewriter.  And this sentiment...goodness, I love this!  These images are also from the Clear Stamp and Die of the Month.  And while it is all pink and red, I think the grunge kraft background panel (done using the direct to paper technique) and the sentiment make it perfect for your man! Both the typewriter and rose were stamped, colored with Copics and die cut with their respective dies.  
I opted to use the sketch from Stick It Down.  I used the oval frame in the latest Small Die of the Month from Spellbinders to back the typewriter.  


Colors are from The Color Throwdown.  


And Romantic inspiration is from Festive Friday.



Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Valentine's Day!

Lee Ann  

Supplies used in today's project(s)

Copic Sketch Markers
Copic Sketch Markers

SSS | Blick
3M Scotch ATG Advanced Tape Glider
3M Scotch ATG Advanced Tape Glider

SSS
Neenah Classic Crest 80# Ream Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Neenah Classic Crest 80# Ream Smooth Solar White Cardstock

SSS
Simon Says Stamp Assorted Moonshine Sequins
Simon Says Stamp Assorted Moonshine Sequins

SSS
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk
Tonic Craft Guillotine Trimmer
Tonic Craft Guillotine Trimmer

SSS
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk



Nestabilities Hemstitch Circle Dies
Nestabilities Hemstitch Circle Dies

Spellbinders
Gina K Connect Glue
Gina K Connect Glue

SSS
SB Clear Stamp and Die Club Kit
SB Clear Stamp and Die Club Kit

Spellbinders
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink Pad
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink Pad

SSS
SB Small Die of the Month Club
SB Small Die of the Month Club

Spellbinders

12 comments:

  1. What an absolutely adorable card (love the typewriter & the sentiment)! Great take on the card sketch too!! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS valentine, that is a lovely background die. Thanks so much for joining us at Make the Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards, Lee Ann! This is such a sweet stamp set. I LOVE the whimsical flowers and how you colored them. The die cut background is wonderful! I am so glad you shared at Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards and a great deal of inspiration. I have my kits and you’ve given me the incentive to get crafting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards, especially the typewriter card! Thanks for playing along with our card sketch this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your typewriter, and "doily" piece behind it. Your sequins are a wonderful touch. Thank you for joining Stick It Down with your beautiful card. Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such adorable cards as always. Thanks so much for sharing with us at THe Card Concept and for sharing our inspiration photo. Your art is amazing and we're so grateful to have you play along with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT
    The Card Concept
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. Your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining us in the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your whimsical response to the Card Concept's whimsical VD wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very cute typewriter. Love your card. Thank you for linking up to the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the grungy background with your classic typewriter. And what a great sentiment! The flower is the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the distress background in that typewriter card. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down. Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...