Monday, September 11, 2023

Fruit of the Vine

 Hello All, 

I hope your week is off to a good start.  I did a little more Bible study and note taking over the weekend.  As I do these notes, I keep adjusting and fine tuning how I do things.  This is really the second half of the bride and bridegroom notes, as it focuses on the water to wine miracle in Cana. 


And, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I again used a downloadable journaling sheet from the Bible Journaling Tips and Tricks FB group.  I started by stenciling the 'vines onto my page- nothing fancy.  Once I was happy with them, I stamped the title, which I just love.  It is from a new to me stamp set, I Am, from Sweet and Sassy Stamps.  The fonts-oh my-they are just fantastic.  

I did not have a grape image so I decided to make my own, which, given it is mostly circles, was pretty easy.  I sketched it out lightly with pencil, started coloring each grape with Copics and as I went along, I would outline then with my Pigma Micron Pen (otherwise I was afraid the grapes would all start blending together).  I then fussy cut it out and, voila!

One of the things that stood out to me in this study is that Jesus was Crushed by the weight of our sins.  And we too need to go through the transformative process as well.  Am I satisfied just being a grape or do I want to be fine wine?  Am I willing to be crushed?

And I never thought about it, by grain is crushed (milled) as well.  Every word in scripture is important and it is full of symbolism.   

"Blessed are you, Lord are God, King of the universe, who brings forth the fruit of the vine. "

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  


Supplies used in today's project(s)

Copic Sketch Markers
Copic Sketch Markers

SSS | Blick
Sakura Pigma Micron Pens
Sakura Pigma Micron Pens

SSS | Blick | scrpbk
Neenah Classic Crest 80# Ream Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Neenah Classic Crest 80# Ream Smooth Solar White Cardstock

SSS
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink

SSS | scrpbk
EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors

SSS | scrpbk
Gina K Connect Glue
Gina K Connect Glue

SSS
SSS 3 x 4 Acrylic Block
SSS 3 x 4 Acrylic Block

SSS
SnSS I Am Stamp Set
SnSS I Am Stamp Set

SnSS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...