Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It's Christmas with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!

Hello Everyone!
I have two Christmas cards to share with you today, using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' latest releases.
The first uses the Mod Ornaments set, which I have turned into elegant ornaments.  I love the versatility of this set!


I stamped the ornaments in light green, pink and purple, followed by overstamping them using the Music Background stamp and a darker shade of the colored ornament.  Next, I placed the ornament on the Versamark pad and got it inked up well, covering the entire surface.  I heat embossed the ornaments in clear ep. Then I inked up the edges of the ornaments with Versamark again by dragging the edges of the ornaments over the ink pad.  I then dragged the edges of the ornaments in gold ep.   I stamped the heart from the Vintage Postcard set, cut it out, embossed with clear and gold ep, and then popped it up with a dimensional over the heart on the oval ornament.  A little scoring and a bow finish the card. 
The next card uses the Born This Day set.  I have to say, I LOVE this set-it is as sweet as can be and gets right to the point, don't you think?


I used one of my favorite sketches from Retosketches.  I wanted the card to be neutral and plain, as a reminder of how Christ came into this world.  The image is colored with Copics and die cut out-yes, I said die cut!  I just got my new dies for the Christmas sets!  The first card I made I fussy cut the image.  I love how quick and easy the die is.


 I found a piece of cs on my desk that was left over from when I was trying the shaving cream technique with blue reinkers.  It was perfect for the night sky.  I sponged a little Dark Blue over the cs to blend the colors a bit then embossed the star in gold.   I embossed the background with a woodgrain ef, added bits of burlap and added a natural bow. 
That's it for me today; I hope I have inspired you to get started on your Christmas cards!  You can get all of these stamps at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used, Elegant Ornaments-Stamps- SNSS Mod Ornaments, Vintage Postcard, Music Background, Welcome Jesus (sentiment)
Paper- Neenah Solar White, SU Very Vanilla, K and Co.
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Wisteria Wonder, Concord crush, Pear Pizzazz, Gumball Green, Blushing Bride, Primrose Pink, Versamark
Other-  Stampin' Up Polka Dot ef, , gold ep, clear ep, dimensionals, wired ribbon, matching ornament dies

Supplies Used, Neutral Nativity-
Stamps- SNSS Born This Day
Paper- Neenah Solar White, MME
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Other- Copics E40, E42, E43, E44, E000, E00, E11, Born This Day coordinating die, burlap Stampin' Up Apothecary Framelits, Tim Holtz woodgrain ef, gold ep Stampin' Up Linen Thread, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, both of your cards are beautiful. From elegant to "simply" beautiful. I love all the techniques you've used on the first card, and the simple threads of twine representing the hay/straw behind the manger. I'm so glad to be designing with you (she smiles). I have a lot to learn and I know you're going to be a fantastic role model. Thank you for sharing your wonderful artistic talent with everyone.

    Hugs,
    Susie ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you layered the stamping on your ornaments, Lee Ann...they really are so elegant! The way you've laid out that page leads my eye through the whole card so I don't miss one gorgeous bit of it. Love the colors, too. The manger scene is precious..and that night sky is so dreamy. I've never tried that technique, but you've reminded me of it, and I should give it a go. Beautiful, beautiful work, my friend! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty Lee Ann! I love the music bg stamped on the ornaments and that yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...