Sunday, September 15, 2013

Touch of Fall

Good Morning! 
We had absolutely glorious weather here yesterday, so I decided to take advantage of it.  I grabbed the dog and my son and hit the local parks and trails to do a little geocaching.  We had a wonderful time enjoying the cool temps and trying to discover treasure.  On the flipside, that means I came home to a messy house, so today I have to "put my nose to the grind" as the very old saying goes, and get some things done. 
But, before washing dishes, scrubbing floors and doing laundry, I just had to get out the ink and paper and play along in today's Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS.  Today's featured stamper is SLWhite and she has a gallery full of fun, colorful and beautifully colored cards, all with a touch of playfulness and whimsy.  I used one of the new stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps from the Seasonal Wreaths set~


I  started out with my current favorite acrylic paint, DecorArt Dazzling Metallics Splendid Gold, and painted a piece of white cs.  Once dry, I stamped on the image in Versamark and then embossed with gold ep. I colored the leaves and the bow with Copics, which, when used on the paint, have a lovely soft, transparent look.  The bow was stamped twice so it could be popped up with dimensionals.  I kept the card simple so that the wreath was the focal point.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Products used-
Stamps-Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps- Seasonal Wreaths
Paper- SU Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory; Neenah white cs, unknown dp
Ink- Early Espresso, Versamark
Other- dimensionals, Tim Holtz ef, SU Window Framelits, DecorArt Dazzling Metallics Splendid Gold Acrylic Paint, Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...