Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Not Meant to be Patriotic Patriotic Flowers

Hello All!

I have been posting a lot as I have been trying to keep up with Kathy Racoosin's 30 day coloring challenge- or, #thedailymarker30day.  I colored some roses from the Sweet n Sassy Stamps set, Mason Jar Bouquet.  I was inspired by the challenge,  Sunday Stamps.


I am typically not a huge die person, but I do keep an eye on the Spellbinders kits of the month.  This month's (June) Small Die of the Month Membership really caught my eye.  I finally broke down and bought it; I loved the layering elements for the 3 medallions.  I considered it a bargain at $12.50!  LOL!  Have to justify the purchases!
Anyway, before I even started layering, I stopped with the top layer and played with that.  I really love these little dies. I find them very versatile.  I watched a video a while back from Ardyth Percy Robb and she showed how to make a faux cover plate die by die cutting a frame and then essentially filling in the space with your selected die, making sure that the dies are flush with the inside edge of the frame to give the illusion of a cover plate die.
When I started playing around, this idea came to me immediately.  I love the results!


I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities A-2Matting Basics A Card Creator Dies to make the frame.
Once my faux cover plate die was made, I set about coloring my flowers.  They are colored with Copics.


I used a Gelly Roll white pen for my flower centers. I wanted something else in my spray of roses, so I tried the hexagon layering die in the same Small Kit of the Month Membership.  I did these in gold paper.  I layered my flowers, using foam tape.  I tucked the sentiment in the arrangement.  It is heat embossed on vellum.


Oh, and the colors from the Sunday Stamps Challenge?


I am also linking up to Addicted to Stamps and More, Anything Goes.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that's beautiful! I love the gold touches and your flowers are stunning. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic flowers and absolutely amazing diecut elements. The white diecut panel on the background creates beautiful effect of dimension. Thank you fo sharing your card with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that's fabulous - gorgeous coloring, and the touches of gold are beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing how you did that beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are perfect for our challenge and I just love all the details to your card. Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring! All of the details of your card come together perfectly!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee Ann, this is GORGEOUS! Your flowers are so beautiful and those gold accents are amazing! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...