Monday, January 27, 2020

Encouraging Leaves

Hello!

I'm playing along with the Just Add Ink Challenge this week. I did lots of water coloring for both the background and the leaves.  My son has just started his last full semester of college and will be graduating in May.  It has been a long road to say the least, but I thought a bit of encouragement was appropriate for his first day of classes.


I selected the Blueberry, Bermuda Bay and Daffodil colors.


I started with a piece of watercolor paper and my beloved Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  I simply did a wash of the two different shades of blue; first wash was wet on wet and the second, I did wet on dry to get some hard edges.  Once that was dry, I die cut it with my SSS Outlined Clustered Leaves Die.  I also die cut it in white cs.
A second sheet of water color paper was given a wash of yellow paint.  Once that was dry, I worked on the placement of my leaves. Next, I stamped the encouraging sentiment from the Sweet n Sassy Stamps Set, Inspirational Word Art 1 in Versafine Black Ink.
Lastly, I splattered white and black acrylic paint on the entire card.

Add a Subway gift card on the inside and you are done!

Thanks for stopping by~

Lee Ann



7 comments:

  1. Hi LeeAnn, I love your card for this week, the textures amid your colours really bring the leaves to life! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add ink again. Btw, did you know that you were one of our Honourary Mentions for our special celebration challenge last week and have won a prize, YAY! Please can you check the Winners post on the JAI blog from last week and then email us at just-add-ink@hotmail.com so we can send it to you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watercolouring is gorgeous LeeAnn! Love the addition of the speckles too! Lovely to have you join us again at Just Add Ink.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Ann, I just love this - the colour, the coordinating speckles, the die shapes and layout. All work together beautifully. Thanks for joining our challenge at Just Add Ink.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect of your watercolour leaves against the bold yellow background! Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...