Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Feathered Friend

Hello All!

I have been playing around with mixed media again, as my hands have seemed to have forgotten how to color.  So lots of inky goodness today, compliments of Tim Holtz~


Gesso Resist is a technique I wanted to revisit and one that I love.  I started with some Tim Holtz Mixed Media Heavy Cardstock, gesso and an old credit card.  I loaded one thin edge of the card with white gesso and very lightly pulled the card along the surface of the cs.  The gesso coated areas of the paper very thinly and dried almost immediately.
Next up, Distress Spray Stain in Candied Apple, Evergreen Bough and Wild Honey.  I spritzed Wild Honey Spray Stain on my craft mat and pulled the cs through it, spritzing and spraying water as I went along as well.  Once that was dry, used the Wild Flower Stencil and dabbed on some Distress Micro Glaze through some of the flower areas.  The micro glaze seals the paper making it waterproof.  I then spritzed some of the Evergreen Bough Distress Spray Stain over the leaf and stem areas.  Once dry, I added more Micro Glaze.
I then played with the Candied Apple, Evergreen Bough and Wild Honey Stains until I was happy with the look. 
Next up, another Bird Crazy Bird!  I colored this guy on Neenah Solar White paper and fussy cut him out.  A sentiment from the Sweet n Sassy Stamps In This Together Stamp Set and a few enamel dots finish it off.

I am linking up to Mix It Up Challenge~

That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by,

Lee Ann 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...