Thursday, April 29, 2021

Hit the Road

 Hello!  

I am sharing another desert scene today, this time reminding me of my road trips there.  I have used Just Married and Thirsty Soul to create my scene.  


I made this with my niece in mind, who is ready to start life as a new RN.  
The VW Beetle was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I used post it notes to mask off the heart banner and Just Married sign in the back window.  The car was colored with Copics and fussy cut out.  
The cacti were also stamped and colored with Copics,  I stamped the tall Saguaro in varying heights and with various limbs to create a realistic desert of Saguaros in different sizes.  They were fussy cut out as well.  
The background was done with Daniel Smith Watercolors on Arches water color paper .  I had the desert, road and tall mountains in, then decided to add foothills to the mountains using the mountain stamp from the Landscape Silhouettes Stamp Set.  This is where things were almost ruined.  I selected the wrong colors of Distress Inks and then the paper got too wet.  Once the paper was completely dry, I went back in and brushed in a darker color (and I don't even remember what color I used) and this gave the illusion of shadows on the foothills and saved the background. 
The sentiment is from the Inspirational Word Art 1 Stamp Set and was stamped with Versafine Black Ink using my MISTI so I could stamp multiple times and get good coverage, even on the textured watercolor paper. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Lee Ann  

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card! Love how you did the scenery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...