Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Skipping Stones Blog Hop

Hello Everyone and Happy Saturday!

Welcome to Skipping Stones Design Team Tutorials and Tips Blog Hop! If you started from the beginning, you should be coming from the Skipping Stones Design Blog.  If you just happened upon this hop, you might want to start there.
My card today uses a very addictive technique, Stamping with Stencils.


This is so simple and is a great background for a large sentiment stamp.  I have used the 'JOY' from the set, Joy Stamp Set.
To start, you need just a few things~ A stencil, ink and either water color paper or mixed media paper.  I used mixed media paper.  You will also need a spritzer or spray bottle. 


Ink up the stencil~


And spritz it with water~


 And flip it over onto your paper~


That's it!  Remove the stencil and let your paper dry.
You can now finish your card.  I embossed my 'Joy' sentiment with black embossing powder.

Please leave some love along the way for all of the talented ladies!  There will be a stamp set give away to one lucky winner! You have until Wednesday, Sept 16th to comment!
Ready to see what the rest of the team has for you?  Head on over to Tanja's blog to see her beautiful card!
Thanks for hopping with us!

Lee Ann  :)

18 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, Lee Ann! Thanks so much for sharing the stamping tip..I'm going to try this right away! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun technique, perfect for the Autumn time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card... this technque is amazing.. i havent tried stamping with water yet but i plan to...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Ann, this is awesome.... yourcard is amazing and I will be using my stencils this way...FAB!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! fab result with this technique! Thanks for the tips! Love your card and the colours combo, it's so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great technique, my friend!! I will give it a try too!
    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip, great stencil, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip! I had not thought of that super idea, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again, another thing that I have (stencils) that I don't use enough. But this is a great use of them, love this card too! Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful effect! I love the way it feathers out to white at the edges! Great card! I will definitely try this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful technique. The card is beautiful. The stenciled layer looks wonderful against the black cardstock and I love how you used the black ribbon as and accent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!
    I have seen this before, but forget about trying it.
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That technique would make a great Autumn card...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never used this technique with stencils but wow, what a beautiful result! Fun, easy, and gorgeous....how could I lose\? Thanks for the idea!,

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous result with the stencils and ink! I tend to forget all about using stencils but now I'm really inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I haven't use that tip before but I like so much. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty. I always forget about my stencils and you put this on my To Do List. I have a dog named Bella too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...