Sunday, September 9, 2018

Two for One with Lift Ink

Hello and Happy Sunday!

I am finally getting over being sick for 3 weeks- Hallelujah!  So many things around the house are waiting to get done.  Maybe now...
I do have two cards to share today, using a stamp from the September Technique Junkies Release.  I consider the September release to be the release that just keeps on giving! 


 This Autumn Doodles Background stamp - What a beauty!  This first card uses a technique that Jennifer McGuire shared on a video.  So fun and easy!  And you get two cards out of one technique.

I started with a piece of Yupo and alcohol inks in a fall palette.  I created my alcohol ink background and then simply stamped the Autumn Doodles stamp in Alcohol Ink Lift Ink (using the MISTI).
I then immediately stamped the ink that was on the stamp onto a piece of cardstock that I placed in my MISTI.  I repeated this technique 2 or three times to transfer the maximum amount of ink to the paper, getting intense color. 
I simply matted the background and added a simple die cut and stamped sentiment to the card.

Now I still have the original Yupo paper left that I had lifted ink from.  It had a beautiful texture on it from the ghost image of the Autumn Doodles stamp.  I used this to make on of my favorite backgrounds- popped up negative die cut pieces~


Such a fun technique!  The background die is a retired Sizzix product and the 'thanks' die is from SugarPea Designs.  Gold thread looks so great with fall colors!

That's it for me!  If you plan on doing any shopping at Technique Junkies, use code TJ10LeeAnn
for a discount of 10% on your entire order (excluding clearance).   

Lee Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...